IMPORTANT – Arrange moving day as far in advance as possible!!
Packing For Your Move
- Unless you have organised a company to pack, purchase packaging supplies in plenty time before you moving date.
- We have a range of very cost effective moving boxes and moving packs available with a FREE delivery straight to your home.
- Label each box. Display the destination room or the contents of box.
- Write FRAGILE on all boxes with breakables inside.
- Do not overfill boxes especially items that are heavy or breakable, e.g. dish wear and books.
- Keep two or three boxes spare for moving day. Very handy for bedding and any little extras that have been missed.
On Moving Day
- Unless your moving company has arranged to do so, dismantle self-assembly furniture.
- Throw out any rubbish lying around before moving day or you may find unwanted rubbish at your new property.
- Arrange to have gas, electricity, and water meters read.
- Defrost refrigerator.
- Arrange pets to be looked after if possible by a family member or friend.
- Be clear about what you want taken and what is to be left.
- Keep your valuables safe and carry them with you personally to your new home.